Combine living in a world-class city with an immersive, one-of-a-kind professional internship in your career field, and you have the World Endeavors Intern in Australia program. On top of that, you will be supported every step of the way by a dedicated Program Advisor from an organization that boasts over fifteen years of placing interns abroad.
World Endeavors offers internships in a wide range of professional fields in Australia, and our advisors are proud of their ability to find great opportunities in unique and highly specialized fields. Though some internships may be located outside the city, World Endeavors offers internships in Sydney.
International Business interns in Australia have had the opportunity to work with many different companies in Sydney. A past intern worked with a travel agency that specializes in organizing tours to Central and Southeast Asia. Interns assist the Operations Department, focusing mainly on customer support and logistics, as well as help with the Documentation and Visa teams; preparing, packing, and sending documentation. Interns liaise with customers, suppliers, and staff members.
Veterinary Science interns in Australia have worked with both veterinary clinics and hospitals. A past intern worked with a veterinary hospital in Sydney. Interns are responsible for tasks related to nursing and kennel assistance. By working with the veterinary staff, interns will learn about giving injections, prescription diets, flea treatments, as well as dental work. They will also have the opportunity to monitor animals under anesthetics.
Other fields offered in Australia include:
Accounting interns work in accounting firms as well as in company accounting and finance departments to gain practical experience with financial reporting, account management, and a range of other responsibilities.
Experience in field required
Advertising interns work with creative teams in agencies as well as company advertising departments, learning about local and global markets as well as business strategy.
Experience in field required
Communications interns design websites, plan marketing campaigns, organize publicity events, write press releases, or develop and implement communications strategies.
Education interns in Australia assist local educators in primary schools to promote learning in the classroom.
Event Management interns work with professional coordinators to plan and manage events ranging from weddings and celebrations to festivals, conferences, concerts, and exhibitions.
Finance interns work in banks and in company finance departments assisting with research, financial analysis, reporting, preparation of financial documents, and administration.
Healthcare interns assist health professionals in a range of projects from public health initiatives to medical research or healthcare administration.
Hospitality Management and Tourism interns assist management and work in reception, marketing, and communications in internationally-recognized hotels and resorts.
Human Resources interns assist professionals in human resources departments with reporting and evaluations, interviewing, orientations, record-keeping, and other administrative tasks.
Information Technology interns work in technology companies and in the IT departments of corporations on various projects and initiatives such as network management, hardware and software support, systems management, and new technology implementations.
Media Studies interns work at radio and television stations, film production companies, newspapers, magazines, advertising or public relations agencies, and other print or digital media companies gaining professional experience in a wide range of job duties and picking up a host of valuable practical skills.
Nonprofit Management interns may prepare and write grants, research and report on issues, engage with supporters, or assist with promotions for fundraising or community outreach events.
Public Relations interns work in PR agencies or in company PR departments learning about strategic communication, brand management, and market perceptions.
Social Work interns work with nonprofit or government organizations, aiding individual clients and assisting with community outreach initiatives and public health and safety programs.
Web and Graphic Design interns work with creative professionals in design firms, marketing agencies, or the design departments of larger companies to create marketing materials, web pages, logos, and other visuals for corporate clients.
Do you want to earn academic credit for your international internship? Nearly half of World Endeavors participants earn credit while interning abroad. Many students are required to participate in an internship to fulfill a requirement for their degree program. World Endeavors works closely with students and their academic advisors to ensure that our program meets those requirements. If you don’t fall into that category there is another exciting option for you. Through our collaboration with University of California Berkeley, students can earn UC Berkeley credit by taking one of two online courses while interning abroad.
Internships are available year-round, with flexible start dates and durations. Public holidays and seasonal work availability may impact certain start dates in some locations.
Please wait until after you are accepted into the program and you have received the confirmed arrival and departure dates before you book your flight
Please note: generally, the minimum program duration for interning in Australia is 3 months. Contact World Endeavors if you would like to go for a shorter duration.
|Program Name||First Month||Each Additional Month|
|Intern In Australia||$4,190||$1,490|
- Dedicated Program Advisor
- Customized Internship placement
- Flexible durations from 3 to 6 months with year-round start dates
- Academic credit facilitation
- Local On-site Coordinator with 24/7 availability pre and post arrival orientation
- Personalized Program Success Plan with ongoing coaching
- Re-entry Handbook and Support
- Airport reception and welcome (for Sydney only)
- Home stay accommodations
- Comprehensive travel medical insurance
- Travel visa guidance and support
- Advice on how to get a local phone number
- 24/7 Emergency Travel Assistance
- Travel Protection
OTHER BUDGET CONSIDERATIONS
- Round-trip transportation to Australia
- Additional meals
- Visa expenses
- Optional trips and excursions
- Daily transportation
- Personal expenses
- World Endeavors interns should be 18 years or older and should have a passport valid for at least 6 months from the start of their program.
- Keep in mind that all countries have different visa restrictions for varying types of passports.
- It is recommended to have a background in your desired internship field, but not absolutely required. Internship placement opportunities increase with experience or relevant coursework.
- Interns participating in an internship in Australia will be required to obtain a visa, which has its own eligibility requirements. Interns would apply for one of the following visas:
- Work and Holiday Visa (subclass 462)
- To obtain this visa applicants must be 18 to 30 years old and hold a passport from an eligible country
- The countries eligible for this visa include, Argentina, Austria, Chile, China, Czech Republic, Hungary, Indonesia, Israel, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Peru, Poland, Portugal, San Marino, Singapore, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Thailand, Turkey, Uruguay, United States of America, Vietnam
- You can find more information on the Australian Immigration website
- Working Holiday Visa (subclass 417)
- To obtain this visa applicants must be 18 to 30 years old and hold a passport from an eligible country. Except for citizens of Canada and Ireland, who can apply to this visa up to the age of 35 years old
- The countries eligible for this visa include, Belgium, Canada, Republic of Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China (including British National Overseas passport holders), Republic of Ireland, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Taiwan (other than an official or diplomatic passport), The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
- You can find more information on the Australian Immigration website
Congratulations on your decision to embark on this one-of-a-kind, life-changing experience abroad! We look forward to working with you to make your trip memorable and meaningful. We recommend that applications be submitted at least 16 weeks in advance of the intended program start date. If your intended start date is less than 16 weeks away, please contact World Endeavors for more information.
World Endeavors interns in Australia live with local host families in single rooms, with one meal per day included. Shared apartment accommodations with shared bedrooms are also available with no meals included. It is possible to upgrade to a single room in a shared apartment for an additional fee. Housing is located near public transportation. Our Onsite Coordinator works to find housing that will be conveniently located no more than a one hour commute away from the internship placement in Sydney.
Australia is a country with something for everyone with its booming coastal cities and laid-back mindset. Internships are located in Sydney, a majestic seaside city where culture and architecture enhance the beauty of the natural surroundings. Ringed by the Blue Mountains and accentuated by incredible white sand beaches, Sydney boasts a booming economy and sophisticated arts scene while simultaneously enjoying all the advantages of the great outdoors. Internships are also available in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, and Adelaide; please contact World Endeavors for more information.
We strive to provide immersive, life changing, and professionally rewarding programs for our interns. Our programs are designed as a comprehensive “program” instead of just the internship so that we can provide a full experience for our participants. The program fees we charge include the in-country expenses (housing, insurance, orientation, etc.) and also the dedicated work that goes behind finding a customized, one-of-a-kind, international internship placement. You can find more information about the costs and inclusions in the “Dates & Costs” section on this page.
We really wish we could offer paid internships, but all of the internships we coordinate are unpaid placements. Paid internships abroad are few and far-between, as they require a different type of visa that is difficult to attain, and they also require sponsorship by the host company, which is quite costly for them. The goal of our program is to provide meaningful, hands-on experience in your specific profession or field of study that will give you a competitive edge in the job market and make you valuable to employers who are globally minded. If you are seeking a placement to help you gain international experience, improve your skills in your field and enhance your resume, our program provides the perfect opportunity.
Our internships are customized to fit each individual’s goals, interests, and skill level. We consider all of these things and then make a placement accordingly. Therefore, we don’t have specific internships “set aside” waiting for people to fill them. We have placed interns in both small and large companies, but due to confidentiality of our host companies and organizations we are not able to provide a list of companies.
All of our internships are customized, and we work with each intern to make sure we find a placement that fits their specific interests, background, experience, and goals for the internship. Your specific responsibilities during your internship will be determined further in the enrollment process and will depend on your skills and goals for the program.
"I gained the confidence to know that if I put hard work and belief in something I can accomplish it. This internship gave me the confidence to jump into my future."
-Kaitlin, Intern in Australia