WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT AND HOW WE COLLECT:
World Endeavors collects two types of data (Personal and Non-Personal) that is necessary for legitimate business interest. We do not collect special categories of personal data nor do we undertake any profiling of personal data.
- Any users that access our website is automatically recorded in Google Analytics to help us understand how our users interact with website content. What is recorded is general data that is non-personal such as your IP address, pages accessed by you, browser type and language.
- When you email us, inquire with us face to face or over the phone, interact with us through social media, contact us through one of our website’s contact forms, or communicate with us in any way, we may ask for your name, contact information, university, residence country, and about your program interest.
- When you register on our website and/or apply to our programs, we may require some personal information such as your first and last name, citizenship, mailing/billing address, date of birth, travel preferences/interests, credit card information, etc. This information is typically collected in order for us to respond to your needs. Without this information, we may not be successful in delivering a program to your satisfaction or in providing you the best service.
- We may collect information about you from third parties, including but not limited to, publicly available resources (e.g. university websites), third-party vendors (e.g. listing sites), and mailing list providers. Information we collect may be your name, email address, university name, and phone number.
Personal data are collected through consent and contractual necessity.
All information stored on our servers and within our database is protected and restricted only to those employees who need access to it to perform their job functions. If you have any questions about the security of our website, please contact us for further information.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER:
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with better service, particularly for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- To improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers, or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
World Endeavors sends e-newsletters free of charge once periodically to keep our subscribers updated on the latest opportunities, interesting programs, and life-changing experiences abroad. You may choose to discontinue receiving e-newsletters by contacting us or clicking the unsubscribe link at the top of the newsletter.
In case you no longer want to receive our newsletters, you can click on the unsubscribe link at the top of the previous newsletter we sent you. Our automated system will remove you from our newsletter distribution list.
YOUR RIGHTS TO DATA:
You have certain rights as a user on our website and/or participant in our program. In addition to being informed about how we collect your information and use it, you can exercise the rights below:
- Right of Access: You may request a copy of the personal data we hold about you.
- Right of Rectification: You may request your data be corrected when you believe the data we hold is inaccurate.
- Right to Erasure: You may request your information be removed if there is no legitimate interest relating to the purpose for which they were collected or legal basis.
- Right to Restriction of Processing: As an alternative to data erasure, you may request us to stop processing your personal data if any of the conditions apply.
- You believe your personal data is inaccurate, enabling us to verify their accuracy;
- The processing is not lawful;
- We no longer need the personal data for the purpose of processing but the personal data is required for legal basis;
- The right to object has been exercised and processing is restricted while a decision is waiting to be made about the status of processing.
5. Data Portability: You may request your personal data be transferred to another controller or processor in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. This right is only applicable if the personal data was:
- Provided by you to the controller;
- Processed by automated means; and
- Processed through consent or in order to fulfill a contract.
6. Right to Object: You may object to the processing of your personal data if it is processed
- For the purpose of direct marketing
- For the purpose of legitimate interest
- For the purpose of public interest, scientific or historical research
To exercise any of the above rights, please email our Data Protection Officer at dataprotectionofficer[at]worldendeavors.com. We will investigate, take reasonable steps to ensure your request is addressed, and notify you of updates.
SHARING AND DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION THAT WORLD ENDEAVORS COLLECTS:
World Endeavors may share your personal information with necessary parties to aid in delivering your program. These parties may be our employees, universities, our overseas partners, and other third parties whose cooperation is critical. While we do share personal information with overseas partners in order to render our services, we take appropriate contractual and security measures to ensure personal data is protected.
Except as otherwise stated in this privacy statement, World Endeavors will not disclose personal information to any third party unless we believe that disclosure is necessary: (1) to conform to legal requirements or to respond to a subpoena, search warrant, or other legal process received by World Endeavors, whether or not a response is required by applicable law; (2) to enforce the World Endeavors Terms of Service or to protect our rights; or (3) to protect the safety of members of the public and users of the service.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on the storage of your device (e.g. computer, tablet, smartphone, etc.). Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes, and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes. By no means does a cookie gives us access to your computer or any information about you other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES:
STRICT ADHERENCE TO CAN-SPAM ACT OF 2003:
We hate spam just like you do. We have never sent spam or junk emails and our mailing practice strictly conforms to the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003.
World Endeavors reserves the right to change, modify, add, or remove components of this policy at any time. In case of any material/significant changes, a prominent notice will be posted on our website. You should visit our website from time to time to review the current policy because it is binding on you. If you object to any such changes, you may discontinue using our website. Continued use of World Endeavors website following notice of any such changes shall indicate your acknowledgment of such changes and agreement to be bound by the terms and conditions of such changes.
CONTACT WORLD ENDEAVORS:
3015 E Franklin Ave
Minneapolis MN 55406