Title: Lead Academic Relations Representative – USA (Road Warrior)
Location: Regionally based – remote within USA
Number of Weekly Hours: Full-Time (exempt). Some evenings & weekends
For over 20 years, World Endeavors and our partner organization, Kaya Responsible Travel, have been organizing unique and immersive international experiences for individuals and institutions, with the goal of transforming lives through international learning. Between us, we offer study abroad, internship, volunteer and faculty-led group programs in nearly 50 countries and we are expanding. Our organizations are like-minded and mission-driven, focused on culturally-responsible and environmentally sustainable initiatives.
We are looking for a highly motivated, well-organized person with sales and customer service experience to head up a team representing our portfolio of programs on university and college campuses in the United States.
This position seeks an experienced Academic relations representative to join an existing academic relations team, as the team lead. In this role, this individual will take ownership of a small region, to manage university, college, and high school relationships within their area. Additionally, they will act as manager and coordinator of the academic relations team to direct operations within the team. This person will be given the freedom to reshape and direct the current operations within this team.
A successful candidate will be a positive and energetic individual with excellent customer service, communication, and sales skills, as well as good organizational and management skills. The position requires some domestic travel and an independent, motivated and flexible mindset.
If you are interested in this position, please read the following job description and follow the instructions for application below.
As team lead
- Reviewing and working to improve all current practices within the university relations reps team with a view to achieving team goals for lead generation and identification of potential growth opportunities.
- Compiling, analyzing and presenting reports on the activities and developments within the university relations reps team.
- Managing individual members of the university relations reps team to have oversight of activities, results, budgets and performance
- Provide the program development and management teams with recommendations based on reps team insights.
- Support organizational marketing strategies through content design and creation, social media, print material design, and digital content creation.
As regional representative
- Within their region, increase recruitment of individual student participants in study, internship, and service-learning programs abroad, and support student recruitment for customized group programs.
- Develop and manage strong relationships with key departments on campus related to international programs, career services, and service learning, as well as individual faculties and other decision makers.
- Grow program enrollment by developing and implementing institution-specific, multi-faceted recruitment strategies including online recruitment, referral generation, advertisement placement, listings and postings, cold calling and networking.
- Visit campuses and engage with students, staff, and faculty through meetings and events such as study abroad fairs, internship/career fairs, classroom visits, postering, tabling, and presentations.
- Maintain accurate data, customer records, and reports related to regional activities and outcomes using the CRM system and other tools.
- Manage travel and accommodation logistics, budgets and expenses.
- Promote our organizational values, methods, and best practices as a subject matter expert at conferences, events, and online.
- Engage with leads, applicants and enrollees by phone, email, online, and in-person.
Required Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (any subject)
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience working as a sales representative within the academic sector
- Experience in international education or related fields
- International experience involving study, an internship, a volunteer project, work, or travel
- Competency in public speaking with strong interpersonal and written skills
- Proficient with Google Suite and Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Valid driver’s license
Additional Skills & Knowledge
- Ability to work independently to achieve expected outcomes
- Proven record of producing reports, developing best practice outlines
- Excellent time management skills
- Skilled at successfully managing multiple priorities and problem-solving in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Demonstrated ability to connect with and communicate effectively and professionally with a diverse audience in different roles and levels (e.g. university leadership and management, faculty, students, and parents) and across cultures.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule (including some evenings and weekends) and travel frequently (50-60% of the time) along with remote work
- Able to travel weekly
Work Environment & Physical Demands
- This role is remotely based, working from your home office when not traveling
- Frequent air and ground travel is expected throughout the year with peak seasons from September-November and January-March
- Some travel and work may be required on the weekends, especially during peak season.
- Requirement to lift and carry up to 40 pounds, stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, climb stairs, bend, and squat.
Salary & Benefits
- Salary: Mid $50k with opportunity for bonuses
- Unlimited PTO policy after 6 months
- Meals, accommodations, and rental car while traveling on business
- Extensive training and professional development, including overseas opportunities
How Do I Apply?
- Submit your cover letter and resume using the Apply button below
- Qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview
- No phone calls, please