As the largest and most populous country in South America and the fifth largest country in the world, Brazil is known for its ecological and cultural treasures. With its winding Atlantic coastline, expansive agricultural regions, and the Amazon River basin and rainforest, Brazil’s landscape is as diverse as its people and their culture.
Despite its natural resources and beauty, there is a great need for volunteers to support social and environmental causes in Brazil. Millions of Brazilians live below the poverty line, mostly due to social injustice and uneven economic growth. Volunteering in Brazil offers participants the opportunity to support local communities at the grassroots level.
Volunteers must be 18 years of age or older. Successful volunteers are hardworking, flexible, and open to truly immersing themselves in Brazilian culture while aiding communities in need.
Curitiba is the capital and largest city of the eastern Brazilian state of Paraná. The historic quarter of Curitiba features preserved colonial nineteenth century buildings. Much of the center is closed to traffic, making it very pedestrian friendly. Curitiba is rich with warm and welcoming people and vibrant culture. Known as the Ecological Capital of Brazil, Curitiba is one of the most prosperous and organized cities of this country. With excellent transportation networks, visitors to Curitiba can access the country’s art and entertainment centers swiftly and efficiently. Much of Curitiba itself can be explored on foot.
"I love the people. I think that is what makes a country great, the people that fill it. I have loved getting to know the people and getting to experience their kindness and compassion."
-Hannah, Volunteer in Brazil
The various volunteer projects in Brazil may be completed in Curitiba.
World Endeavors volunteers in Brazil can contribute to the following projects:
World Endeavors Childcare Assistance Volunteers in Brazil help underprivileged and orphaned children become empowered to challenge a life of poverty and exploitation.
Available in Curitiba.
World Endeavors Community Development volunteers in Brazil work to strengthen their host community by addressing some of its most pressing needs and sharing their skills and compassion with the people they meet.
Available in Curitiba.
World Endeavors teaching volunteers in Brazil contribute their skills and enthusiasm to support both students and teachers in local community schools.
Available in Curitiba.
Most volunteers in Brazil stay with host families, where they share space, build relationships, practice language, and learn about traditional culture, food, home rituals, and customs. Host families are welcoming and friendly, usually middle class, and hand-picked by the World Endeavors team to ensure a safe and positive environment for the volunteer.
The World Endeavors Volunteer in Brazil program is flexible in duration and can be tailored to last between 4 to 12 weeks. Admissions are rolling, and World Endeavors volunteers can choose when they would like to start their program. Due to holidays, traditional vacation schedules, and seasonal work availability, there might be better times than others to volunteer at a specific location or in a specific project.
Recommended start dates for 2018:
- 6 May 2018
- 3 June 2018
- 1 July 2018
- 5 August 2018
- 2 September 2018
- 30 September 2018
- 4 November 2018
- 25 November 2018
When you are ready to start planning your volunteer trip to Brazil, contact us. Our experienced advisors will help you sort through any timing considerations unique to your destination or your volunteer project.
Please wait until after you are accepted into the program and you have received the confirmed arrival and departure dates before you book your flight.
|Program Name||First Week||Each Additional Week|
|Volunteer In Brazil||$1,990||$430|
*Programs taking place during the Carnival festival in February will incur an additional fee.
- Program Advisor: dedicated, experienced, and accessible for one-on-one guidance
- Volunteer program placement: individualized for you goals and experience
- Flexible durations of 4 to 12 weeks with year-round start dates
- Academic credit facilitation
- Local Onsite Coordinator with 24/7 availability; pre and post arrival orientation
- Personalized Program Success Plan with ongoing support
- Re-entry Handbook: to help you reflect on and integrate your experience abroad into your daily life and future career, deal with reverse culture shock, stay connected to the culture of your host country, and get involved in future service and travel opportunities
- Portuguese language training
- Airport reception and welcome as well as airport drop-off
- Daily transportation to and from project
- Home stay accommodations with 2 meals per day included
- Comprehensive travel medical insurance
- Travel visa guidance and support
- Advice on how to get a local phone number
- 24/7 Emergency Travel Assistance
- Medical and Emergency Assistance
- Baggage and personal effects protection
- Travel delay coverage
- Baggage delay coverage
- Discounts: to stores, restaurants, and entertainment located near your home and/or university!
OTHER BUDGET CONSIDERATIONS
- Round-trip transportation to Brazil
- Additional meals
- Visa expenses
- Optional trips and excursions
- Personal expenses
- Daily transportation costs
Congratulations on your decision to embark on a life-changing experience abroad! We look forward to working with you to make your trip a memorable, meaningful one.
For most applicants, the first step is to contact a World Endeavors advisor. Our advisors are available to answer questions and offer guidance along the way. With our help, you may be surprised at how easily your dream of going abroad can become a reality.
Enrollment in the World Endeavors program begins formally with an application. We can accommodate applications received 12 weeks prior to the intended start date up to a year in advance. Due to visa requirements and other processes involved in coordinating international programs, participants are encouraged to submit their applications as far in advance as possible. If your intended start date is less than 12 weeks away, contact World Endeavors for more information.