International experience is essential for aspiring professionals in hospitality management and tourism. Gain a global perspective in this field from experts who know how to manage events, market a destination, or promote their business to travelers – all online. You will have the opportunity to give your resume a significant boost with an immersive and unique virtual international placement, which will increase your intercultural competency and give you a deeper understanding of this truly global field. It will also provide you with real-world, hands-on experience with the technology required to succeed in this career.
Our experienced advisors will work with you to arrange a customized virtual internship that matches your interests and goals. Here are some examples of possible remote placements within Tourism and Hospitality:
MARKETING FOR TOURISM COMPANY - virtual
Gain international digital marketing experience, learning from a management team that has worked with Unilever, General Electric, 3M and the NHS. Develop the company's tourism business for international students in the UK and Ireland within a supportive environment with fun, friendly colleagues. Intern responsibilities can include:
- Assisting with the development of the WordPress website to attract international students
- Liaising with partners and staff, contacting trade travel partners to develop business relationships and help to promote their destinations/attractions
- Managing social media marketing
- Gathering market information
- Attending trade travel events to meet with partners
3+ months preferred, 10-15 hours per week.
CORPORATE TRAINING & LEISURE - virtual
Corporate training and leisure business seeking a remote intern for proactive sales and marketing projects. This company designs and facilitates corporate team building activities ranging from conference ice breakers to comprehensive outcome-based programs. These activities run anywhere from a few hours to multiple days, both internationally and on home soil on the Sunshine Coast. Intern responsibilities may include:
- Expanding the portfolio of ready-made team building activities
- Creating custom-built programs incorporating specific company products, mottos and values
- Analyzing data to drive sales strategy and reach sales goals
- Conducting outreach and generating new leads
- Producing compelling promotional materials/marketing collateral
- Writing engaging content for the website and newsletters
Sunshine Coast, Australia
LEISURE MARKETING - virtual
Join a small, dynamic tourism operation offering unique experiences Australia-wide, and diversify your skills with an exciting range of remote projects. Intern responsibilities will include:
- Managing relationships and collaborating with suppliers and other tourism operators
- Creating content and managing social media campaigns
- Liaising with SEO partner
- Writing engaging content for website updates, blogs and newsletters
- Developing marketing campaigns, including selecting, organizing and editing photos, and creating promotional videos and media content
Brisbane - Australia
EVENT MANAGEMENT/MARKETING - virtual
Exciting opportunity with a company dedicated to helping improve the mental well-being of people using creative events, workshops and retreats. Working with both individuals and with companies, these experiences are tailored to the specific needs of the clients. Intern responsibilities to include:
- Organizing social and well-being events, while working in close alignment with other channels of the business to drive social and commercial success
- Communicating the brand message through various digital web-based platforms to raise customer attention and increase brand loyalty
- Assisting with sales forecasting and reporting for B2B and B2C
- Conducting pricing analysis across London and the European markets
- Launching sales incentives and seasonal sales
- Developing a viable long-term marketing and social media strategy
- Identifying and communicating with media influencers - podcasters, bloggers and journalists - and brands to create greater common value
London - England
World Endeavors arranges unpaid internships. Specific virtual internship placements cannot be guaranteed. Once you’ve applied and enrolled, we will work closely with you and our in-country coordinator to arrange a virtual internship that matches your interests and goals.
Once you’ve submitted your application, your dedicated internship advisor will get in touch to guide you through next steps. Placements can be secured in as short as 2 weeks.
Submit your free application and get started planning your virtual international internship today!