International experience is especially important to those headed into careers in policy, government, and international relations – and a virtual international internship is one of the most affordable ways to gain that global perspective. Working alongside professionals who have dedicated their lives to human rights, policy, immigration, governance, and legal systems, you will gain an insider’s perspective on what it takes to succeed in this critical field. You’ll come away with a deeper understanding of cultures, issues, and systems in a country different from your own, while making an impact on the lives of people in your host organization’s community.
Our experienced advisors will work with you to arrange a customized virtual internship that matches your interests and goals. Here are some examples of possible remote placements within Policy and Government:
INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS/POLICY - virtual
Gain valuable experience with a purpose-driven organization conducting research on defense projects to understand and make transparent the relationships between businesses and defense. The intern will be provided with active support from topic specialists plus software, databases and training in investigative techniques. This remote internship will entail:
- Investigating links between the commercial arms of the defense department - ministers, generals, arms businesses and other related parties in Australia.
- The findings of this research project will be used as a tool for journalists, activists and policy-makers.
Sydney - Australia
INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS - virtual
Join an international cooperation organization that helps international donors identify and support social organizations with high impact in Argentina. Its network is made up of more than 100 partner organizations that work in 12 different thematic areas, which allows them to comprehensively address the country's problems and enhance the impact of the organization's actions. The virtual placement will likely entail:
- Conducting research on international cooperation strategies
- Preparing reports on the civil, political, social, and economic context of Argentina and the region
- Follow-up of international commitments in international cooperation - OECD, UN and its specialized agencies
- Updating donor databases
Buenos Aires - Argentina
LAW - virtual
Gain experience with a boutique legal practice focused o commercial and corporate law, insolvency and bankruptcy, building and construction, property law, information technology, intellectual property and criminal law. The emphasis of the virtual internship is on emerging technologies, innovation and concepts in the legal field. Throughout this remote placement, interns will:
- Develop skills and gain an understanding of legal practices within Australia and internationally
- Conduct legal research
- Write articles
- Prepare documents
Sydney - Australia
LAW/TECHNOLOGY - virtual
The law firm providing legal services to a leading technology start-up is seeking an intern to assist partners and associates. This virtual internship will entail:
- Conducting research and drafting on different areas of law, including contracts, corporate, intellectual property, tax, and new European data protection laws
- Researching legislative histories
- Writing articles and newsletters
Buenos Aires - Argentina
INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS/MARKETING – virtual
Join a small consulting firm that provides strategic marketing strategy services, including strategy development, branding and positioning, content marketing, search and insights, and market planning. This placement allows interns to work with UK businesses and international NGOs, and to gain visibility with high-profile organizations. Intern responsibilities include:
- Conducting research which could include international/global projects working with UN ambassadors and players
- Using WordPress and Joomla to update the website and blogs
- Creating content and design work for social media channels
- Executing email marketing campaigns and monthly email newsletters
- Generating promotional videos
London - England
World Endeavors arranges unpaid internships. Specific virtual internship placements cannot be guaranteed. Once you’ve applied and enrolled, we will work closely with you and our in-country coordinator to arrange a virtual internship that matches your interests and goals.
Once you’ve submitted your application, your dedicated internship advisor will get in touch to guide you through next steps. Placements can be secured in as short as 2 weeks.
Submit your free application and get started planning your virtual international internship today!