The World Endeavors Study in Thailand – Thammasat University program is located in the heart of central Bangkok. World Endeavors students who come to Thammasat enroll in the Thai Studies Semester, an interdisciplinary program that offers courses on Thai culture, economic development, law, religion, literature, art, and the Thai language. All the courses are taught in English, so students become familiar with this fascinating and diverse culture while getting a jump-start on learning Thai. The Thammasat campus is always busy with social, cultural, and athletic activities, and since the campus is right in the city, students can use their free time to explore and put their language and cultural skills to use. Studying at Thammasat is an exciting opportunity to become familiar with the Thai culture and live in one of the world’s most vibrant cities.
World Endeavors students in the Thai Studies program at Thammasat University come from varied academic backgrounds. The program is a great fit for students in Asian Studies, and the courses can serve as a part of a student’s studies in social sciences or the liberal arts. It’s also the perfect destination for students who simply want to go abroad and try something new. Anyone who wants to live in the heart of Bangkok, be immersed in Thai culture, and explore Southeast Asia will find this program a fantastic addition to their education.
As the capital of Thailand, Bangkok is a thriving metropolis and one of the economic and cultural centers of southeast Asia. Visitors can find stunning monuments to Thailand’s heritage here, including the royal Grand Palace, the fascinating European-Thai architecture of Dusit Park, and historic Buddhist, Hindu, and Sikh temples. Meanwhile, the city carries on its vibrant daily life in the colorful markets and along the Chao Phrya River. Life in Bangkok is a unique and unpredictable mix of international business, close-knit neighborhoods, ancient heritage, and festive local celebrations. There’s plenty here to keep students fascinated and engaged, and, for those who want to explore, it’s the perfect place to begin a trip into the less urban regions of Thailand and Southeast Asia.
“During my stay here in Thailand I have only felt welcome and at home. The people, environment, culture, the smiles and laughs make this place something to remember.”
- Junpei, Volunteer in Thailand
Upon successful completion of the program, credit and transcripts will be issued by Thammasat University.
The World Endeavors process is designed to take the guesswork out of academic credit and credit transfers. Our experienced advisors work with each student and his or her academic advisor before the program begins to ensure students earn the credit expected for courses taken abroad.
• Applicants must have completed secondary school and either be currently enrolled in a university program or already hold a university degree (or equivalent).
• Applicants must have a GPA of at least 2.75 on a 4.0 scale.
• Fluency in English is required; no previous experience with Thai language is required.
TYPICAL COURSE LOAD
Students take up to 4 courses for 3 credits each.
World Endeavors students live in furnished single apartments in central Bangkok within a ten minute walk of campus. Each apartment includes a refrigerator, satellite TV, telephone, and hot and cold water. The apartment building has its own swimming pool, mini-mart, and restaurant. A weekly cleaning service is included in the accommodation.
SPRING SEMESTER: January 23rd – June 10th, 2017
– Application Deadline: October 1st, 2016
FALL SEMESTER: August 14th– December 27th, 2017
– Application Deadline: June 1st, 2017
Program dates listed are for reference only and are subject to change. Please wait until after acceptance and you have received the confirmed dates to book any flights.
|Study In Thailand (Thammasat University)||$9,990|
- Dedicated Program Advisor who is accessible and experienced
- Tuition: 12-18 credits per semester (up to 5 courses)
- Academic transcript from Thammasat University
- Pre and post arrival orientation; re-entry guidance
- Student services and learning support
- 24/7 emergency phone support
- Airport reception and welcome
- Student housing accommodations
- Comprehensive travel medical insurance
- Travel visa guidance and support
- Advice on how to get a local phone number
- Thai Studies Semester Certificate
OTHER BUDGET CONSIDERATIONS
- Round-trip transportation to Bangkok
- Housing security deposit (refundable)
- Visa expenses
- Optional trips and excursions
- Textbooks and other course materials
- Utility costs such as water, electricity, and phone (landline)
- Daily transportation
- Personal expenses
Congratulations on your decision to embark on a life-changing experience abroad! We look forward to working with you to make your trip memorable and meaningful.
For most applicants, the first step is to contact a World Endeavors advisor. Our advisors are available to answer questions and offer guidance along the way. With our help, you may be surprised at how easily your dream of going abroad can become a reality.
Enrollment in the World Endeavors program begins formally with an application. Due to visa requirements and other processes involved in coordinating international programs, participants are encouraged to submit their applications as far in advance as possible. We recommend that applications be submitted prior to the program application deadline. If your intended program's deadline has passed, contact World Endeavors for more information.