Travel Correspondent: Caitlin, Australia, Food Lover
Caitlin- Food Lover’s Locations
If you’re like me and love food, Sydney is a great place to be! Here are some of my favorite locations I have eaten at and highly recommend!
- The Meat and Wine Co.: Definitely my favorite so far! If you want to try kangaroo while in Australia (and you absolutely should), this is the place to do it! Their kangaroo kababs are cooked to medium rare perfection and are bursting with so much flavor. The potatoes, onion rings, and tomato chutney that come with it are also something you’ll be wishing you had more of. Top it off with their best-selling dessert, a chocolate molten lava cake, and you will be glad you spent the extra money on this fine dining experience! Add to the experience by walking right around the corner to the Sydney Harbor and opera house when you’re finished eating.
- Bare Grill on Bourke: I saw a video of this place online before I came to Sydney, and I knew I had to check it out. You can order any sandwich with raclette cheese, and the waiter will bring over the wheel of cheese to slide a huge slab of the melted cheesy goodness right onto your sandwich. If you love cheese, this is the place to be!
- A Fish Called Coogee: This place was recommended to me by a local, and it did not disappoint. If you are looking for some great fish and chips, definitely get it from here. I recommend doing the Bondi to Coogee coastal walk and topping it off with A Fish Called Coogee. Don’t forget to add their amazing homemade tartar sauce!
- Ze Pickle: If you like burgers, Ze Pickle is a great choice. They have such unique items on their menu. I ordered a pecan wood smoked brisket sandwich with a fried mac and cheese patty on it. Delish! When I finished, I was left wanting more. Their fries are also amazing, topped with bacon bits, chives, and a delicious special sauce. Don’t miss this place!
- Paddy’s Night Food Markets: This night market, located right off of Flemington Station, is the perfect place to be if you want some amazing comfort food from Sydney’s best food trucks. There are so many things to choose from, but I recommend the brisket box from 2 Smokin’ Arabs. This was by far the best brisket I have ever had, and I look forward to going back to the next event for some more. Don’t forget about dessert while you’re there though, especially if Pimp My Chimney is there with their delicious sweet creations! While you’re enjoying your food, you can also enjoy the entertainment; this week was a car show. The night market draws in hundreds of people, so it’s a great place to be on a Saturday night.
I still have some more places on my “foodie-to-do” list that I can’t wait to try! Sydney has many different options, so make sure you venture out and try new things. You won’t be disappointed!
- Caitlin’s Travel Correspondent Blog 14
- Caitlin’s Travel Correspondent Blog 15
- Abigail’s Travel Correspondent Blog 6
- Raina’s Travel Correspondent Blog 8
- Intern in Australia
- Intern in Occupational Therapy
Posted by World Endeavors on July 28, 2018
World Endeavors believes that international travel has the power to change lives, broaden horizons, and deepen intercultural understanding. The world is undergoing rapid changes, with societies becoming more interconnected and environmentally aware; at the same time a more challenging global economy inspires in many a need to reach out and make a positive difference while seeking personal growth opportunities. There has never been a better time than now to travel abroad.